If you or a loved one wants help defending your civil rights in or out of the courtroom, we can assign a Philadelphia civil rights defense attorney to manage your case. When you meet with us, we can explain your rights and help you choose the best course of action in your case.
The sooner you get in touch with us, the more time we may have to build a strong case and take advantage of all possible legal options. Free consultations are available to all callers all day, every day.
We Protect Clients Like You Throughout Philadelphia
Everyone should have the right to live freely and as they please, so long as they do not hurt anyone else. Anyone who infringes upon another’s ability to live peacefully or tries to take away another’s rights should be held accountable.
At the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, we fight hard to protect our clients when their civil rights are violated. This includes performing all legal tasks on your behalf, such as:
- Investigating the incident: We can seek evidence proving that the event really happened and that the defendant’s motivation constitutes a civil rights violation. We can also refute evidence presented by the defendant.
- Deciding a plan of action: There is more than one way to handle a civil rights violation. Together, we can go over the facts of your case and determine which path is best for you.
- Negotiating a fair outcome: We can sit down with the defendant and their representatives to work out a settlement or restitution that compensates you for what you have gone through.
- Going to court on your behalf: If a pretrial agreement cannot be reached, we are not afraid to take the defendant to court. If others have similar complaints against the defendant, you may be able to participate in a class-action suit against them.
- Handling paperwork: Legal matters often generate a great deal of paperwork. We can take care of filling out and responding to all necessary forms, notifications, motions, and so on.
- Representing you at all meetings: If you do not want to see the defendant face to face, you do not have to do so. We can meet on your behalf to discuss legal matters, settlements, and so forth.
We Offer Legal Support and Guidance
In addition to managing all legal tasks, we can do everything possible to make the legal process easier for you to navigate by:
- Providing a free consultation: Tell us what happened, and we can tell you if you have a viable civil rights case.
- Addressing all questions and concerns: It can be challenging to figure out how to handle a civil rights violation. We are always available to answer your questions on the subject.
- Granting you peace of mind: Having your rights violated can be stressful and even traumatic. By allowing us to handle the case, you can focus on your personal recovery while knowing that our entire team is on your side.
At the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, we are dedicated to our clients’ welfare. Christina, one of our satisfied clients, said she “would definitely recommend” our firm “to anyone in ANY situation.” If your civil rights were violated in any way, you can count on our Philadelphia civil rights defense attorneys to provide compassionate, professional guidance throughout the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a civil rights defense lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215.515.3360
What Is a Civil Rights Violation?
According to the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, civil rights are meant to protect anyone who is part of a group that has traditionally been discriminated against. This includes but is not limited to:
- Racial minorities
- Religious minorities
- The LGBTQ+ community
- Disabled individuals
- Immigrants or anyone not born in the United States
- Anyone who was previously accused or convicted of a crime
Individuals or organizations may infringe on a person’s civil rights in a number of ways, such as:
- Police brutality
- First amendment issues
- Wrongful arrest
- Prisoner’s rights
Proving that your rights were violated may present many challenges. Not only must we prove that the incident occurred as you say, but we must also demonstrate that the defendant was motivated to act based on discrimination.
Potential Evidence in Civil Rights Cases
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder can seek this evidence from a number of sources, including but not limited to:
- Your testimony: Tell us every detail about what happened. If you have any leads to potential witnesses or other evidence, let us know. However, it is our job to find evidence, not yours.
- Witness testimony: If anyone saw the violation occur, we can speak with these individuals to get corroborating accounts of the incident.
- Video footage: Did anyone record the incident on their phone, or was there a security camera nearby that captured everything? Our investigation can find out.
- Other documentation: For example, if the defendant emailed or left you a message, these may contain helpful evidence.
- Police reports: If the police were involved in any way, their records of the incident may be useful.
- Medical records: Did you require medical attention after the incident? Your medical records can help prove that your injury really happened.
No matter how big or “small” the violation, it is important that everyone’s rights are respected, and that individuals whose rights were violated receive justice. Let the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder make Pennsylvania a better place to live by holding accountable anyone who violates another person’s civil rights.
Philadelphia Civil Rights Defense Lawyer 215.515.3360
We Can Protect Your Civil Rights Today
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder is proud to protect clients’ civil rights in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. If you believe your rights were violated in any way, call us as soon as possible. A civil rights defense attorney from our office would be happy to assist you.