Child rape charges should never be taken lightly. Rape is a serious crime in Philadelphia, punishable by prison time and considerable fines. If you’ve been charged with child rape, you can seek legal assistance from our firm.
Our Philadelphia, PA child rape defense lawyer is committed to defending our clients. We can explain any laws that apply to your case and represent you in court.
Why Choose a Child Rape Defense Lawyer from Our Firm?
At the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC, we focus on criminal defense law. Our Philadelphia criminal defense attorney has experience representing clients who face charges such as child rape. We know how much a child rape conviction can impact your life. We can defend your rights.
Our attorneys can do more than just represent you in court. A Philadelphia, PA lawyer from our firm can handle all aspects of your case. These are the services we provide to our clients:
- Explaining your options: During a child rape case, you’ll frequently be presented with decisions, like speaking with child welfare services, having contact with loved ones, or entering a plea deal. Our team is here to advise you on making the right call. We can explain the potential pros and cons of each option.
- Answering your questions: Legal matters are often complicated. We can put our legal understanding to work for you. If you have tough questions, we have straightforward answers.
- Gathering evidence: Courtrooms revolve around arguments, and a compelling argument requires evidence. We can conduct a thorough investigation of your case, leaving no stone unturned. Preparation is key during criminal defense cases.
- Plea deal negotiations: In some cases, it makes sense to enter a plea deal. If we believe you should take a plea deal, we can negotiate with prosecutors for a reduced sentence.
We Offer Free Consultations to Prospective Clients
The best way to get to know a legal team is to talk to them. We offer our prospective clients free consultations. During this initial meeting, we can discuss:
- How we can support you and your case
- The benefits of working with our team
- The specifics of your case
You can rely on a consultation to get a better feel for our firm. This meeting comes with no obligations, meaning it is risk-free.
For a free legal consultation with a child rape defense lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215.515.3360
Do You Need to Hire a Philadelphia, PA Child Rape Defense Lawyer?
You are not required by law to hire a lawyer if you’ve been charged with child rape. The court system can provide you with a lawyer, known as a public defender. Public defenders are county employees or contractors, trained to serve as attorneys for those who don’t have private legal counsel. Our lawyers can provide you with more personalized assistance that a public defender may not be able to.
The criminal defense attorneys at our firm dedicate lots of energy and time to each case. When seeking a private attorney, it’s important to ask yourself these questions:
- What is the firm’s reputation?
- Do they have positive client reviews?
- Does the firm list case results?
- Do I think I would get along with their legal team?
Philadelphia Child Rape Defense Lawyer 215.515.3360
Previous Child Rape Cases Our Firm Has Defended
Our team has worked on cases involving accusations of child rape and molestation in the past. In a 2017 case, Commonwealth v. M.F., an elementary school teacher was accused of touching one of his students inappropriately. The teacher was the only male employee at the school.
To clear his name, our lead attorney relied on:
- Cross-examinations of the accuser
- Interviews with witnesses
- Evidence that suggested that the student disliked the defendant
The judge ultimately ruled in our client’s favor. Since the not guilty verdict, he’s returned to work, focusing on getting his life back on track. Our firm can build a solid defense strategy in your case, as well.
Will You Go to Prison if You’ve Been Charged With Child Rape?
A criminal charge is not a conviction. If you’ve been charged with a crime, it means that prosecutors believe that they have a case against you. It doesn’t mean that you’re guilty or not guilty.
While a charge can impact your life and may alter how others perceive you, it won’t necessarily lead to prison – the outcome of your case depends on plea deal negotiations or trial proceedings.
Those who are convicted of child rape can face penalties such as first-degree felony charges, according to 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 3121(c).
Relevant Philadelphia, PA Child Rape Laws
Philadelphia is subject to statewide Pennsylvania laws. Understanding relevant child rape laws could provide insight into your case.
Statutory Sexual Assault
In Pennsylvania, minors under the age of 16 cannot consent to sexual activity. Therefore, engaging sexually with a minor younger than 16 is a crime, according to 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 3122.1. This crime is called statutory sexual assault. However, some exceptions may apply to your case. Our Philadelphia, PA child rape defense attorney can explain them to you when they begin working on your case.
Institutional Sexual Assault
Employees working at schools, jails, group homes, and licensed residential facilities cannot engage sexually with those they’re serving. This form of sexual activity is a felony in Pennsylvania.
The crimes listed above are punishable by prison time and fines. Typically, the more severe the grade of felony, the more severe the punishment you could receive. Entering a plea deal could allow your lawyer to reduce the terms of your sentencing. Similarly, if you believe you’ve been wrongly convicted, you may be able to clear your name by working with a lawyer.
Hire Our Philadelphia, PA Child Rape Defense Lawyer Today
A Philadelphia, PA child rape defense lawyer from our firm can help you put your best foot forward. We believe that everyone, regardless of the crimes they’ve been charged with, deserves fair treatment under the law. Contact our offices to get started with a free consultation today.