- Practice Areas
- Criminal Defense Attorney in Philadelphia
- Special Education Law
- Election Law
- General Litigation
- Contact Us
- Free Consultation
Our team at Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. has handled thousands of cases for clients facing various charges. The sooner you retain legal representation, the sooner we can start putting a case together and figuring out the best way to defend you.
A Rape Defense Lawyer May Improve Your Odds of Avoiding a Rape Conviction in Philadelphia
At Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. we truly believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and that everyone deserves the most rigorous defense. Here is a brief synopsis of how we can fight for you.
We Will Investigate Your Case and Gather Evidence to Support Your Defense
The prosecution has and will continue to gather evidence against you. Meanwhile, we will collect evidence to combat the prosecution’s story and prove your innocence. Such evidence may include:
- Eyewitness and character witness statements
- Expert witness evaluations and reports
- Phone and social media records
- Medical records
The evidence we find may help convince a judge or jury that you did not or could not have committed the crime for which you were accused. At the very least, it may introduce reasonable doubt in the jury’s mind—by law, that is all you need to do to avoid a conviction.
We can also move to suppress any evidence that the prosecution collected illegally. For example, when law enforcement searches a home, car, phone, or person without probable cause or a warrant, it does so illegally. We are committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that you don’t get bulldozed by the legal system.
We Will Advocate for You Both in and Out of Court
In some cases, we negotiate a plea or even get charges against a client dropped. If that happens, your case will not go to trial. If a trial becomes necessary, we will prepare to present your case to a judge or jury. Our firm is always ready and willing to go to court if necessary. Among other duties, we will:
- Prepare witnesses
- Put together trial exhibits
- File timely motions
- Participate in jury selection
- Question and cross-examine witnesses
- Make opening and closing remarks
- Argue for acquittal
- File any necessary appeals
No task is too big or too small for us to handle. With Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. on your case, you do not have to face the Philadelphia justice system alone.
We Will Guide You Through the Legal Process from Start to Finish
We understand how difficult it is to have such serious charges hanging over you. Your attorney from our firm will guide you through the legal process by:
- Responding to all your queries and concerns
- Providing an honest assessment of your case with a professional perspective
- Explaining your rights and legal options at every step
- Helping you make case-related decisions
- Updating you about your case’s progress
While we do the legal work, we still work for you. Instead of making legal decisions on our own, we empower our clients to establish their priorities and make important legal decisions. Any time you need guidance or clarification, just pick up the phone. We will answer your questions quickly and honestly.
Rape Convictions Have Serious Consequences
According to 18 Pa. C.S.A §3121, rape takes many forms. Forms of rape include but are not limited to:
- Using force or the threat of force on the victim
- Drugging the victim before having sex with them
- Having sex with someone who is unconscious or otherwise incapable of granting consent
Each of these crimes is a first-degree felony. Of the three types of felonies (first, second, and third-degree), first-degree felonies are the most serious and carry the harshest penalties.
Penalties Associated with a Rape Conviction
If convicted of rape, you could, according to Chapter 11 of 18 Pa. C.S.A., face:
- Fines: You could face of up to $25,000.
- Prison time: The maximum sentence for rape is 20 years in prison. Your sentence will depend on your sentencing guidelines.
- An order to make restitution: If the victim suffered injuries because of a sexual assault, the court may order you to pay them compensation.
A Rape Conviction Can Change Your Life Forever
Even after you have paid all fines and served your prison sentence, you may find it more difficult to:
- Keep your job: A long prison sentence and the stigma of a rape conviction may prompt your employer to fire you.
- Find a new job: Some employers do not want to hire individuals with a criminal record, especially when the crime is as serious as rape.
- Find a place to live: You may be required to register with the state sex offender registry, and the Pennsylvania Sex Offenders Assessment Board (SOAB) will notify your neighbors of your conviction.
- Keep your family together: Even close relatives may take your conviction as a sign of guilt. They may refuse to see you or allow you to see younger relatives.
- Stay afloat financially: The substantial fees and fines associated with rape convictions, as well as the time you spend away from work while in prison, could permanently destroy your economic stability.
- Rebuild your life: The mental, physical, and financial strain of trying to pick up the pieces after a rape conviction are often devastating.
These penalties are scary, but you do not have to face them alone. Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. stands ready to help you avoid a conviction and all the consequences that come with it.
For a free legal consultation with a rape defense lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215.515.3360
Why Choose M.J. Snyder and Her Team to Defend You?
Choosing your criminal defense lawyer will be one of the most important decisions you ever make. Regardless of what has happened in your life to date, few situations in life compare to the seriousness of a rape allegation.
Your attorney will play a critical role in whether you’re found not guilty of the allegations against you, you secure an acceptable plea deal, or you’re convicted. Consider why you should hire M.J. Snyder and her team to defend you.
M.J. Snyder Is a Native Philadelphian Who Fights for Justice
With your case taking place in Philadelphia, you should seek an attorney who knows the city, its laws, and its legal system. M.J. Snyder is a Philadelphia native, making her familiar with the City of Brotherly Love.
Snyder also has legal training and experience defending those facing criminal charges in Philadelphia, which makes her familiar with the local justice system. As a former public defender who started her own practice, Snyder has dedicated herself to defending those whose lives are threatened by criminal allegations.
If you’re looking for an attorney who will be prepared for the challenges of criminal defense in Philadelphia, look no further than M.J. Snyder. She and her team will not rest until they’ve resolved your case. If your case requires an appeal, Snyder and her firm will be ready.
Former Clients Share Their Positive Experiences with Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC.
A client has the greatest insight into a law firm’s core principles. The way a firm treats a client speaks volumes, and our firm treats every client as well as we possibly can:
- “I hired Marni Jo a few months ago. She was prompt, always returning my phone calls and emails almost immediately. She is smart, aggressive in court, and very knowledgeable in her practice. I felt a sense of comfort knowing she was representing a family member. Our outcome in court was great, we were very pleased. I would definitely recommend Marni Jo Snyder as a defense attorney.” – Cathy Carver Madden, relative of former client
- “Marni and her staff came up huge for me. She was appointed by the court, but she worked as hard on my case as if I were a paying client. When the case went to trial, she won me a not guilty verdict.” – Michael Fontain, former client
- “I have had the privilege of having M.J. Snyder by my daughter’s and my side through a very difficult time. She made myself and my daughter feel so comfortable and walked us through everything prior to and during our court hearings. She was always available to talk and explain everything so clearly. The end result was a true success and justice was served! I can’t thank her enough for all her hard work! I would definitely recommend her to anyone in ANY situation.” – Christina LaBoy-Molina former client
If you’re facing a rape charge, then you’ve experienced enough stress. Let Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. take over your defense. We’ll work tirelessly to preserve your future.
Philadelphia Rape Defense Lawyer 215.515.3360
Let the Attorneys at Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. Defend You
Marni Jo Snyder can help you with your case in Philadelphia. M.J. Snyder is a nationally recognized trial lawyer who fights vigorously for her clients.
Call Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. today to receive a free case review from a member of our team. We can take your call whenever you need us, day or night.