- Practice Areas
- Contact Us
- Free Consultation
Gun charges can have severe consequences that affect your family, finances, and career for years to come. It’s crucial to take the charge seriously. Our Philadelphia gun charge defense lawyer will do everything possible to get you your life back on track. We will build the strongest possible defense, negotiate for reduced charges, and help in any other way that you need.
A Gun Charge Defense Attorney Can Represent You in Philadelphia
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC is devoted to helping clients avoid a conviction and the devastating consequences that come with it. Our Philadelphia criminal defense attorney may be able to help by:
- Applying for a specialized diversion program: Diversion programs allow someone with no record or a minimal criminal record to do community service, stay out of trouble, and engage with a social worker (for some programs) and they will not have to face the risk of a trial or have a conviction on their record. These programs have limited funding, so a great application is important.
- Negotiating a plea: We might be able to get the charges against you reduced. This could save you time and money by, for example, allowing you to serve probation rather than going to jail for months or years.
- Reviewing evidence: A criminal gun charge defense lawyer from our law firm in Philadelphia can make sure all evidence against you was collected lawfully. We can also figure out how to use this evidence in your favor.
- Collecting new evidence: We may travel to the scene of the alleged crime, track down new witnesses, and take other actions in pursuit of useful evidence.
- Representing you at trial: When our clients’ cases go to trial, we make all pretrial arrangements (e.g., submitting trial exhibits) and advocate for them in the courtroom.
- Answering questions: Our clients are welcome to call us at any time with concerns or questions. We respond to all calls promptly.
- Providing advice about your legal options: We can determine the best ways to approach your case and help you decide which of those options is best for you.
Before we take a client’s case, we are already working for them. Each potential client receives a consultation with a member of our team. This consultation:
- Costs nothing: The number is toll-free, and we charge no fee for this initial consultation.
- Tells the caller if and how we can help: A member of our team will listen to the potential client’s story and, within minutes, let them know what the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC can do for them. They can even make an appointment for the caller to meet with one of our gun charge lawyers in person.
- Comes with no obligation: After completing the consultation, the caller is free to do whatever they want with the information we provide.
Our free consultation service is a simple, risk-free way for potential clients to find out how their case may benefit from legal representation.
For a free legal consultation with a gun charge defense lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215.515.3360
Why Those Facing Gun Charges Choose the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC
Even more so than other types of lawyers, it’s critical that you choose the right criminal defense attorney. Rather than facing merely financial harm, a criminal conviction threatens to do far more extensive damage to your life. Our clients do not choose us lightly—they do their research and choose us because:
- We offer smart, aggressive legal representation
- We work quickly to craft your defense once you hire us
- We listen carefully to your questions and concerns, then respond in a caring, thorough manner
- We manage the complex, confusing criminal justice system for you
- We balance firm advice with your desires, seeking resolutions that you can live with
Our firm also knows the Philadelphia area well. We may be familiar with judges and prosecutors who are instrumental to your case outcome. Our attorneys know the latest legal rules and laws, including those related to gun charges. Our lawyers and support staff will work hard to secure a fair outcome for you.
Client Reviews for Our Firm Serving Philadelphia
Whenever a client or their loved one leaves a positive review, it’s confirmation that we have done our job well. Our client testimonials include:
- “I hired Marni Jo a few months ago. She was prompt, always returning my phone calls and emails almost immediately. She is smart, aggressive in court, and very knowledgeable in her practice. I felt a sense of comfort knowing she was representing a family member. Our outcome in court was great, we were very pleased. I would definitely recommend Marni Jo Snyder as a defense attorney.” – Cathy Carver Madden, relative of former client
- “I have had the privilege of having Marnie Jo Snyder by my daughter’s and my side through a very difficult time. She made myself and my daughter feel so comfortable and walked us through everything prior to and during our court hearings. She was always available to talk and explain everything so clearly. The end result was a true success and justice was served! I can’t thank her enough for all her hard work! I would definitely recommend her to anyone in ANY situation.” – Christina LaBoy-Molina former client
We understand what is at risk for the clients we represent. Our team is available around-the-clock to respond to your questions and concerns, as we know that legal concerns don’t sleep. The only way to remove the worry of pending gun charges is to secure an acceptable outcome.
Philadelphia Gun Charge Defense Lawyer 215.515.3360
Gun Regulations in Pennsylvania that Could Affect Your Case
In Pennsylvania, certain citizens have the right to obtain a gun license and collect firearms as they see fit. However, this right is strongly regulated. The following are a few examples of state gun regulations:
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 6108, it is illegal to carry an unlicensed firearm in a public space.
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A § 6302, it is illegal to sell any weapon or part of a weapon (e.g., a gun cartridge) to anyone under the age of 18.
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A § 6110.1, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to possess or transport a firearm anywhere within Pennsylvania, without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian – or without the supervision of an adult with the express consent of a legal guardian.
These regulations exist in addition to more serious gun-related offenses, such as:
- Attempted murder
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Voluntary manslaughter
- Armed robbery
These laws and others like them are designed to make sure gun owners behave responsibly. Anyone who violates (or allegedly violates) these laws could face criminal charges.
Philadelphia Gun Charges Vary in Severity
A gun charge conviction in Philadelphia may come with penalties such as:
- Imprisonment: Most gun charges are felonies, which could put you behind bars for decades.
- Fines: Depending on the gun charge, you could be fined as little as a few hundred dollars or as much as $50,000.
- Restitution: If the crime for which you are accused caused someone else to suffer bodily injury or property damage, the court may demand that you pay the victim(s) for their suffering.
The severity of the penalties may also depend on whether you have been convicted of the same or similar crimes in the past. Prior convictions could lead to harsher sentencing. Allow our firm to defend you against your criminal charges.
A Gun Charge Conviction Could Upend Your Life
A gun charge attorney from the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC in Philadelphia can work to ensure that you and your family do not have to go through the stress and trauma of a conviction. The penalties that come with a gun charge conviction may impact many areas of your life, including:
Your mental well-being and self-esteem may be negatively affected by:
- The realities of time behind bars
- Knowing you were convicted of a crime
- The way others treat you because of your conviction
These factors could worsen your overall mood and even cause or worsen a mental illness.
Some friends and relatives may stick with you, no matter what. Unfortunately, there is a stigma attached to those with a criminal record. Some people that you are friendly with today may decide to cut you off if you are convicted. This could mean:
- Losing friends
- Losing access to your children
- Being asked to leave your home
- Being isolated from those you care about
Career and Financial Future
Convictions can make it more difficult to:
- Keep a job
- Find a job
- Maintain your savings (if you are saddled with large fines)
- Support your family financially
- Stay out of debt
Per the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, a felony conviction could affect your right to vote while you are behind bars. Furthermore, as stated at 18 Pa. C.S.A § 6105.1, the process of reinstating your right to own a gun after a conviction can be long and daunting.
Your Quality of Life
The consequences of a conviction, in every case, make life harder. You may be less fulfilled, more stressed, more likely to re-offend, and at higher risk for health problems following a conviction. Put simply, your quality of life may decline significantly as a result of a gun charge conviction.
While it is possible to rebuild your life after a conviction, it is much easier and less traumatizing to avoid a conviction altogether. The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC would like to help you do just that.
What to Do If You Were Arrested for a Gun Crime in Philadelphia
If you are facing firearm charges, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself. Our criminal defense lawyers recommend you:
- Exercise your right to remain silent: Remember that anything you say can be used against you. The police may be recording your arrest. Do not say anything about your case, as this could end up hurting your chances for success.
- Try to remember details about your arrest: While you may feel intimidated during your arrest, try to remember as many details as possible. For example, if you can recall whether the arresting officer read you your Miranda rights, we can use this information as we build your case.
- Contact a criminal lawyer from our firm: Wait until you have hired a lawyer to discuss your case. We offer confidential consultations, during which we can explain how our firm can help you.
Our team is here to defend you against the criminal charges you face. If you committed a gun crime, we can explain the legal options you have available to you.
Get a Free Consultation with One of Our Gun Charge Attorneys in Philadelphia
Marni Jo Snyder and Brianna Shaw can fight to protect your rights and your future. Call us for a free consultation at any time. We proudly serve clients throughout the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.