- Practice Areas
- Criminal Defense Attorney in Philadelphia
- Special Education Law
- Election Law
- General Litigation
- Contact Us
- Free Consultation
Our team from the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC may be able to help you fight a felony conviction and seek a favorable outcome in your Philadelphia criminal case. We can build a strong defense and use our familiarity with the court system to pursue a plea deal or present evidence that could clear your name. Our Philadelphia felony conviction defense attorneys can tailor a defense strategy to suit your unique situation.
If you are a suspect in a serious crime, law enforcement wants to question you, or you face felony charges, our criminal defense attorneys are here for you. We want to discuss your legal options today during a free consultation.
Our Lawyers Advocate for Defendants Facing These Charges in Philadelphia, PA
Some examples of crimes that might lead to felony convictions under Philadelphia law include:
- Murder (18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2502)
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated assault (18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2702)
- Involuntary manslaughter, especially of a child victim
- Burglary or theft, usually of property worth $2,000 or more
- Violations of the Uniform Firearm Act (VUFA)
- Possession of child pornography
- Possession of drugs with intent to distribute
An assault attorney in Philadelphia from the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC can offer expert legal guidance to help you reach a favorable outcome. Our team is prepared to defend our clients against any of the charges listed above.
For a free legal consultation with a felony conviction lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215.515.3360
How the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC Can Help With Your Case
We represent clients whose reputations, well-being, and futures are on the line. Felony charges can leave you feeling extreme stress and uncertain about what to do next.
When you hire our firm to represent you, we can fight the case against you by:
- Investigating the circumstances of the alleged offense and gathering evidence
- Building a defense to prove the accusation is false, the police misidentified you as the perpetrator, or other issues occurred that led to your arrest
- Negotiating a favorable plea deal for lesser charges or a reduced sentence when possible
- Protecting your legal rights
- Representing you and presenting evidence during your jury trial, if needed
We Offer Free Consultations to All Potential Clients
Our team has a track record of securing favorable outcomes for our clients. We have helped thousands of individuals and families over the past decade.
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC offers complimentary consultations, during which you can learn more about our team and how we can serve you. Our phone lines are open now.
If you decide to hire us to represent you, our criminal defense team will go to work quickly. We provide each client with honest legal advice, assess their case, prepare for trial, and seek the best possible outcome for them.
Philadelphia Felony Conviction Lawyer 215.515.3360
Our Lawyers Can Combat Your Felony Charges in Philadelphia
The most severe crimes support felony convictions. These offenses generally cause death or injury to others, although some do not. Less serious crimes are usually classified as misdemeanors and summary offenses. The courts further classify felony offenses based on their severity, ranking them from first-degree to third-degree crimes.
First-degree felonies are the most serious crimes, such as kidnappings, rapes, and murders.
The penalties for these crimes vary, depending on the classification and other facts of each case. There are mandatory minimum and maximum penalties for some offenses, but a felony conviction will generally mean:
- Going to prison
- Facing fines
- Living with restrictions on your rights
- Struggling to find a job, housing, and other concerns after release
Being convicted of a felony transforms your life forever. You could experience issues years down the road, complicating matters in ways you never dreamed possible. Our team aims to protect you from a conviction and the consequences that come with it. We want to start advocating for you today.
You May Face Additional Consequences If Convicted of a Felony
Even after jail and fines, the consequences of a felony conviction–especially a first-degree felony–continue. This ordeal could haunt you for years if you do not fight it. For example, a convicted felon in Pennsylvania can expect to lose several rights, including the right to:
- Run for an elected office or get an appointment to a public office
- Own or possess a gun
- Vote during incarceration
- Serve on a jury
- Qualify for many types of government benefits or aid
A felony conviction may also make it difficult to:
- Obtain a certification or license for some jobs
- Find a place to rent
- Get hired in many career fields
- Recover socially or financially
You Have a Right to Defend Yourself from Felony Charges
You will want to do everything in your power to avoid a felony conviction. This may mean fighting to reduce the classification of your crime to lessen the severity of the penalties you face. A felony conviction defense attorney from our team can help you determine the best possible strategy for your situation.
At the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC, we are here for you. We want to discuss your case and offer our services to you and your family. If you have already received a conviction, we may be able to explore your legal options for an appeal or other action.
Our Philadelphia Felony Conviction Lawyers Can Prepare You for the Legal Process
We understand that the legal process can feel overwhelming, especially when so much is on the line. Our team can navigate you through it, though. Our tasks include preparing you for courtroom hearings and cross-examinations.
Beforehand, we will share our legal strategy with you and coach you through what may be asked of you and how to respond. We can also coach you through a sentencing hearing if we aim for a non-negotiated plea or concede to a lower charge.
When you work with us, you will never be left in the dark about your case. We will be with you every step of the way.
The Timeline for Enlisting Our Help with Your Philadelphia Felony Case
Having a legal team in place can help you protect your rights when law enforcement is investigating a crime and accuses or arrests you. While our firm can fight for you in court, we can also represent you during police questioning and interrogations.
We encourage you to speak with our team as soon as you recognize that you may need our help, such as when:
- You have committed a crime.
- The police want to discuss a crime with you.
- There is a warrant for your arrest.
- You are facing charges.
- Your loved one was arrested on charges of a serious crime.
Having our team work on your case may relieve a lot of the stress you face because you are not fighting this on your own. We may be able to build a strong defense for you.
What Should I Do While Facing Felony Charges in Philadelphia?
Even if you haven’t been arrested or formally charged with a felony, if you sense criminal proceedings are on the horizon, you should take immediate action to defend your rights. This involves:
- Understanding the possible charges you face. As noted, felonies are the most serious charges the state can charge you with. If you’re unsure of the penalties you face, you should consult your attorney.
- Limiting what you share about your case. You don’t want to say or do anything that could complicate matters. Only you and your lawyer should know about your case’s intimate details. Avoid discussing your case with others or posting about it on social media.
- Be honest with your lawyer. You share an important relationship with your attorney. They’re legally obligated to keep anything you share with them confidential. So, don’t hold back on any details when sharing what happened with your lawyer. They’re on your side.
Call the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC Today to Learn More
Our team at the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC is ready to hear about your case today. You can learn more about how our team works and the outcomes we have provided for our previous clients by reading our testimonials and reviews.
Call us today for a free consultation. We will discuss your situation and legal options for fighting felony charges. We may be able to go to work for you and represent you in a court appearance quickly.