- Practice Areas
- Criminal Defense Attorney in Philadelphia
- Special Education Law
- Election Law
- General Litigation
- Contact Us
- Free Consultation
If you or a loved one is facing a gun charge in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a gun charge attorney from our law firm wants to help. We can build the strongest possible defense, negotiate for reduced charges, and more.
Gun charges can have severe consequences that affect your family, finances, and career for years to come. It’s crucial to take the charge seriously. Our firm will do everything possible to get you your life back.
A Gun Charge Defense Attorney Can Represent You in Philadelphia
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC., is devoted to helping clients avoid a conviction and the devastating consequences that come with it. We may be able to help by:
- Negotiating a plea: We might be able to get the charges against you reduced. This could save you time and money by, for example, allowing you to serve probation rather than going to jail for months or years.
- Reviewing evidence: A gun charge defense lawyer from our law firm in Philadelphia can make sure all evidence against you was collected lawfully. We can also figure out how to use this evidence in your favor.
- Collecting new evidence: We may travel to the scene of the alleged crime, track down new witnesses, and more.
- Representing you at trial: When our clients’ cases go to trial, we make all pretrial arrangements (e.g., submitting trial exhibits) and advocate for them in the courtroom.
- Answering questions: Our clients are welcome to call us at any time with concerns or questions. We respond to all calls promptly.
- Providing advice about your options: We can determine the best ways to approach your case and help you decide which of those ways you are most comfortable with.
Before we take a client’s case, we are already working for them. Each caller will receive a consultation from a member of our team. This consultation:
- Costs nothing: The number is toll-free, and we charge no fee for this initial consultation.
- Tells the caller if and how we can help: A member of our team will listen to the caller’s story and, within minutes, let them know what the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC., can do for them. They can even make an appointment for the caller to meet with one of our gun charge lawyers in person.
- Comes with no obligation: After getting the consultation, the caller is free to do whatever they want with the information we provide.
Our free consultation service is a simple, no-risk way for potential clients to find out how their case may benefit from legal representation.
For a free legal consultation with a gun charge defense lawyer serving Philadelphia, call 215-515-3360
Gun Regulations in Pennsylvania That Could Affect Your Case
In Pennsylvania, citizens have the right to obtain a gun license and collect firearms as they see fit. However, this right is strongly regulated. The following are a few examples of state gun regulations:
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A. §6108, it is illegal to carry an unlicensed firearm in a public space.
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A §6302, it is illegal to sell any weapon or part of a weapon (e.g., a gun cartridge) to anyone under the age of 18.
- Under 18 Pa. C.S.A §2707.2, It is illegal to carry a loaded paintball gun in a vehicle or to shoot a paintball gun at someone not participating in a paintball game.
This is in addition to more serious gun-related offenses, such as:
- Attempted murder
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Voluntary manslaughter
These laws and others like them are designed to make sure gun owners behave responsibly and to keep everyone safe. Anyone who violates (or allegedly violates) these laws could face serious consequences.
Gun Charges Vary in Severity
A gun charge conviction in Philadelphia may come with penalties such as:
- Imprisonment: Most gun charges are felonies, which could put you behind bars for decades.
- Fines: Depending on the gun charge, you could be fined as little as a few hundred dollars or as much as $50,000.
- Restitution: If the crime of which you are accused caused someone else to suffer bodily injury or property damage, the court may demand that you pay the victim(s) for their suffering.
The severity of the penalties may also depend on whether you have been convicted of the same or similar crimes in the past. Prior convictions could lead to harsher sentencing.
Philadelphia Gun Charge Defense Lawyer 215-515-3360
A Gun Charge Conviction Could Upend Your Life
The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. in Philadelphia, through a gun charge attorney can help fight to ensure that you and your family do not have to go through the stress and trauma of a conviction. The penalties that come with a gun charge conviction may impact many areas of your life, including the following.
Your mental well-being and self-esteem may be negatively affected by:
- Time behind bars
- Knowing you were convicted of a crime
- The way others treat you because of your conviction
These factors could worsen your overall mood and even cause or worsen a mental illness.
Some friends and relatives may stick with you, no matter what. Unfortunately, there is a stigma attached to those with a criminal record. Some people that you are friendly with today may decide to cut you off if you are convicted. This could mean:
- Losing friends
- Losing access to your children
- Being asked to leave your home
- Being isolated from those you care about
Career and Financial Future
Convictions can make it more difficult to:
- Keep a job
- Find a job
- Keep your savings (if you are saddled with large fines)
- Support your family
- Stay out of debt
Per the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, a felony conviction could affect your right to vote while you are behind bars. Furthermore, as stated at 18 Pa. C.S.A §6105.1, the process of reinstating your right to own a gun after a conviction can be long and daunting.
While it is possible to rebuild your life after a conviction, it is much easier and less traumatizing to avoid a conviction altogether. The Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC., would like to help you do just that.
Get a Free Consultation with One of Our Gun Charge Attorneys in Philadelphia
A gun charge defense attorney from the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC. in Philadelphia, can fight to protect your rights and your future. Call us for a free consultation at any time. We proudly serve clients throughout Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.