If you are convicted of armed robbery in Philadelphia, you could face financial penalties, jail terms, and prison sentences. The penalties will vary greatly depending on the specific charges against you and your criminal history. If you are accused of armed robbery, a felony in Pennsylvania, our criminal defense law firm will stand by your side.
If you or a loved one was recently arrested in connection with an armed robbery, we will help you fight for your freedom and reputation. We will also negotiate beneficial plea agreements that limit a conviction’s potential damage. If you maintain your innocence, we help you prove it so that you avoid Philadelphia’s armed robbery penalties altogether. Our team will compile evidence on your behalf and stand up for your rights in and out of court.
Potential Armed Robbery Incarceration Terms
According to 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 1103, the potential jail terms and prison sentences you could face if convicted of armed robbery include:
- Conviction of a first-degree felony can lead to a prison sentence of up to 20 years
- Conviction of a second-degree felony can lead to a prison sentence of up to 10 years
- Conviction or a third-degree felony can lead to a jail term or prison sentence of up to seven years
You might be at risk of receiving longer sentences if you have previous felony convictions on your record. We will work diligently to help you avoid the longest sentences with strong defense strategies and mutually agreeable plea bargains.
Potential Armed Robbery Fines
In addition to costing your freedom and separating you from your family and friends, being convicted of armed robbery can also carry hefty financial penalties. According to 18 Pa. C.S.A. § 1101, the fines you are assessed can include:
- $25,000 penalty if convicted of a first- or second-degree felony
- $15,000 penalty if convicted of a third-degree felony
Armed robbery can include several underlying and related charges, so you might be subjected to paying more than one financial penalty. When we represent you, we make sure the state is clear about the charges you face. We also make sure you understand the possible penalties you face and your best defense strategies.
We Will Negotiate a Plea for You
A plea bargain is an effective tool our Philadelphia criminal defense lawyer uses to limit the damage of a conviction. We work to help you receive:
- Lower charges
- Smaller fines
- Shorter sentences
A plea bargain helps the state avoid numerous and costly trials. It helps you limit the damage of a first or subsequent felony conviction, which can limit your ability to receive many forms of government aid, restrict your housing options, and hinder your current and future employment.
For a free legal consultation, call 215.515.3360
We Help You Fight the Charges Against You
In Philadelphia, you can attempt to defend yourself, rely on appointed lawyers, or trust our criminal defense team to represent you. Our team members will:
- Review the probable cause that led to your arrest
- Create an effective defense plan for you
- Locate and interview supporting witnesses
- Read and review the elements of the state’s case
- Manage all case-related paperwork and filings
Our criminal defense team will also review your circumstances to ensure any searches of your person or property were legally conducted. We also make sure none of your rights were violated before, during, or after your arrest.
We Fight Hard to Protect Your Rights
As part of the arrest and interrogation process, the police are obligated to inform you of your right to remain silent. They must also inform you that anything you say can be used in the case they are building against you.
If you were questioned to any degree after asking for a lawyer, let a member of our team know right away. If you were not read your Miranda rights in full and in a language that you understood, we use that information to leverage your defense. We will also:
- Prove you were mistaken for another person
- Challenge witness statements and credibility
- Question the state’s evidence against you
You deserve the opportunity to fight for your freedom and start rebuilding your life. Building a strong defense strategy for you is a priority for our entire team. Our goal is to ensure your case is resolved with the best possible outcome for you.
Previous Clients Share Their Experiences with Our Criminal Defense Law Firm
Hearing from clients that we have helped in the past may help as you decide whether to hire our criminal defense team to represent you. Here’s a sampling of what those we’ve helped had to say about working with our team:
- “She was by far the best criminal lawyer, ever!! She was diligent, hardworking, cared about her clients, and is trustworthy. I could tell about this from our first conversation which put me at ease…If you need the best, hire Marty.” — Marybeth Clarke
- “I reached out to Marni Snyder because I was accused of a serious crime. Marni immediately made me feel at ease. She came up with an interesting legal strategy that…proved successful. In the end, everything was dismissed thanks to her. I highly recommend Marni Snyder.” — Nelson Brundage
- “My first call to Marni’s office was answered with so much professionalism, it was unbelievable. From that moment on, I knew I was in good hands…after hearing my case, she immediately gave me advice and took care of my situation. Marni was very responsive and constantly kept me informed.” — Benjamin David
Your case is a priority for our team, and we work hard to make sure you know it. Read more client reviews on our testimonials page and see why we maintain a strong five-star rating.
Get Your Free Consultation Today
You do not have to face the confusing aftermath of an arrest or fight to limit the harshness of armed robbery penalties in Philadelphia on your own. You can review your legal options and learn how the criminal defense team at the Law Offices of M.J. Snyder, LLC., can fight for you. Call (215) 515-3360 to get started today.